"I came in not expecting much, and thinking I was going to waste 2 good days, but the comments, instructions and dialogue has taught me an enormous amount. Thank you."
"The best course I have taken in my career. Incredible teaching and a very supportive environment."
"This course taught me how to jump in and not look back. Stepping out of my comfort zone and challenging myself is exactly what I needed."
"Being in front of actual respondents. It really forces you to put your learning into action. I think it's what sets the course apart from traditional training sessions, where the teacher lectures and the student takes notes."
"Thank you SO much for all your input and guidance. This training will help shape my future."
"This was absolutely an excellent course; worth every nickel! Thank you so much for all your efforts to make this such a rewarding and full experience."
"Thoroughly enjoyable and useful experience. I'm ready to jump in and start moderating."
"Great course. Excellent trainers. I highly recommend this course to anyone wanting both a grounding in the principles and hands on experience with moderating focus groups."
""I really appreciated the real time feedback, being able to see myself so soon after the delivery of my practice session was invaluable. This allowed for growth during the course."
Principles of Qualitative Market Research
Project Management & Screener Development
Fundamentals of Moderating
All About Ethnography
Moderating: Kid and Teen Qualitative Sessions
Fundamentals of IDI Moderating
Principles of UX/Usability Testing & Research
Qualitative Analysis & Reporting
Qualitative Toolbox - Interventions/Projective Techniques
RIVA 433 & MM Exam
Mastery in Action & Master Moderator Exam
Facilitating - Practical Tools, Tips & Techniques
- RIVA Webinars
- RIVA Coaching Services
- RIVA Custom Courses
- Payment Policy
RIVA Custom Courses
For over 30 years, the RIVA Training Institute has been described as the "gold standard" in moderator training. RIVA classes are renowned for their experiential training conducted by skilled master moderators/trainers with over 15 years in the industry. We also have a high trainer to student ratio that supports RIVA's dedication to giving students individualized coaching that they need.
Let us bring our customized training to you.
The RIVA Training Institute offers customized courses that can be conducted in-house at your office location, a facility close to you, or at our training office in Rockville, MD.
Sample training courses include:
- Fundamentals of Moderating
- Skill Acceleration
- Kid/Teen Moderating
- Cognitive Interviewing
- The Art & Science of Effective Probing
- One on One Interviewing
Why choose a custom course?
- Customized to fit your specific needs.
- Save time and dollars on employee travel by having our instructors come to you. Provides for a solid return on your training investment
- Each custom client is assigned a dedicated team of training professionals who assist with logistic management and class support
- Ensures that all staff learns the same material at the same time.
- Fosters teambuilding within your organization and/or department
- Boosts morale and illustrates to your staff that their training needs are important to you
- Gain instant credibility with your clients. RIVA is recognized for being the elite organization for qualitative training.
We are eager to discuss your custom training needs. Contact Amber Tedesco at Amber@RIVAinc.com or 301-770-6456 x. 101.
A partial list of our custom clients:
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Boston Scientific/Guident
- Capital One Bank
- Centex Homes
- Freddie Mac
- General Mills
- Internal Revenue Service
- John Deere
- Newell Rubbermaid
- Social Security Administration
- Sterling Rice Group
- Walt Disney